cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone else have problems with patches wiping out ACS box

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

This is the second time I applied an ACS patch to one of our ACS SE 1113 boxes only to have it come up in an unusable state. Today I applied 4.1.4.13.11 from patch level 4.1.4.13.7. I used the GUI to apply the patch. Now most of the services will not start. Rollback does not work. It appears it will have to be re-imaged again.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Perhaps I should have used the command line to apply the patch ?

Randy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

you need to apply CSUpdate first and then the patch for 4.1.4.13.7

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

you need to apply CSUpdate first and then the patch for 4.1.4.13.7

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if this helps!

Prem,

I was already on patch level 7 and was going up to patch level 11. Are you saying that I have to install the CSUpdate for 11 and then the patch for 11 and in that order ?

Thanks

Randy

Thats what Readme files says.

what I can suggest is, try rolling back the patch 11. And then try to run CSUpdate first and then fix. Else re-image is the only solution left.

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if it helps!

Yes you were correct. I broke it because I did not install the CSUpdate patch first.

Still you would think Cisco's programmers could check to see if the patch you are about to install matches the CSUpdate version before proceeding - especially since the results can be pretty bad. I had to reimage the box, I guess I will read the instructions more carefully next time.

Randy

I dont think they will. But this is what you can try at this moment.

upload the CSUpdate from the CLI as per the read me file, and install it.

Then apply the fix and install it and reboot the ACS SE.

Not all the time, but in few instances I have seen this to work.

worth a try.

Regards,

Prem