cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Adjacency Error

mlenco
Level 1
Level 1

I have two routers(7201 and 3700) connected with a switch (3550) in between. I have EIGRP running with a GRE tunnel in between. One switch constantly claims EIGRP neighbor up and down. The neighbor is the IP adddress of the tunnel interface. Debug EIGRP shows no other messages on that router but debug on the other router reveals the message that EIGRP messages not responded to. Seen this? Resolution?

Thanks!

Matt

5 Replies 5

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Matt,

Can you post the interface and GRE interfaces on both routers as well as a few of the log messages?

Mark

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Matt,

Do you know if the tunnels are up all time?

Sometime due to a recursive routing the tunnels may go down.

You would see something like:

.Sep 16 11:46:00.218 EDT: %TUN-5-RECURDOWN: Tunnel1 temporarily disabled due to recursive routing

Try a debug ip routing, debup ip eigrp, debug int tunnel in both routers.

And let us know if you see something interesting.

Regards,

Vlad

The whole reason for this submission stems from my effort setting this up in my lab is to recreate the GRE/EIGRP recursive routing problem I have at my branches. The fix to add a static route to the next hop with a larger mask doesn't work. This form submission is simply something different to get the lab to baseline to begin the testing and troubleshooting of the recursive routing problem.

Hello

Sorry but you lost me.

We need to know the exact topology/configuration to be able to help you troubleshooting the real problem then.

Let us know.

nathan.haley
Level 1
Level 1

have you verified conectivity thru the tunnel? A recursive error will cause the tunnel to drop so are the tunnel interfaces in an up down status or stay in up up status.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card