Views
Helpful
Replies

Incompatible Java Runtime Version

benjo.rulloda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed Ciscoworks LMS 3.0 on our client's server and upon login I installed the Java Plug-in from Topology services. It did work and I was able to view the topology of the devices that I have discovered. Problem is when I updated the application with the Dec 2007 update, it reinstalled again the same Java version from the Topology services window, and now I'm receiving Incompatible Java Runtime Version and Mismatch in Java Runtime Version when I go to Topology Services.

How can I resolve this? Even if I uninstall Java from Add/Remove Programs, I get the same results.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With LMS 3.0.1, you need JPI 1.5.0_13. Uninstall all versions of Java from the client. Transfer NMSROOT/htdocs/plugin/jre-1_5_0_13-windows-i586-p_withvbj.exe from the server to the client. Install that version of the JPI as a local Administrator on the client. You should be set.

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure the Java mentioned by JClarke is selected in your Browser Properties. IE >> Internet Options >> Advanced >> Java. If none is selected there the 'System' Java version is used. You can check the system java version in Control Panel >> JAVA

Regards

Farrukh

Hey guys,

Topologgy services worked for Java update 1.5.0_13.

Thanks!

Any news if this will be upgraded? Since most desktops automatically or already have java 1.6.0_x these days. And Topology Overview doesnt work with that version.

LMS 3.1 includes support for Java Web Start 1.6.0_5 (i.e. Java 6 patch 5).

Ah ok, how can we get this bundle update since I noticed this not available as download. As it was before with 2.5 -> 2.6.1

If you have a SAS contract covering LMS 3.0, you can go to http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ and request a copy. You can also contact your sales team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: