Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7936 on CUCM 6.1.2

egua5261
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm in the process of upgrading CUCM from version 4.1.3 to 6.1.2. I have created a test environment with new servers running the newer version (6.1.2). I've tested pretty much all of the devices we currently use in our environment. All the tests have been fine except the one for the Cisco 7936 (spider) phone. It is connected on the same LAN as the new CUCM 6.1.2, on the screen it says "Upgrading... 75% complete - Do not power off" It's been like that for about 2 hours now. Can anyone assist? I don't know how to troubleshoot if there is a problem with this phone registering with CUCM... this works fine on the 4.1.3 system.

Thanks,

Esteban

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi esteban,

Is the upgrade taking place across the WAN.

What if you upgrade firmware for 7936 in 4.X then when it connectes to 6.X it wont need to upgrade the fw.

How many of these 7936?

Whats the status now after 5 hrs?

We have just a few number of these phones. I actually powered them off and then on again twice and the firmware was upgraded eventually. I have them registered on 6.1.2 now.

Cheers,

Esteban

rivabe123
Level 1
Level 1

Esteban,

I'am in a process of upgrading a system from 4.1.3 to 6.1.2.

Can you tell me the procedure you followed in order to get to the state you are in now.

We are also using new hardware to set up the new enviroment. I hope you can help me with this.

Best regard,

Richard

Richard,

Here is a bried description of the process I followed,

1. Build one of the new servers with the OS and CCM 4.1.3 to replicate the existing/production environment as close as possible. I refer to this as temp CCM4.1.3pub.

2. Restore the existing configuration on the new built server using the latest copy of a BARS backup on the production environment.

3. Set up a lab environment, using the new server acting as the publihser with some phones, monitor the registration, tests some features, etc. Note that the network settings will be the same as the production server so you need to set up this lab isolated from the production LAN.

4. Install and RUN DMA on this temp CCM4.1.3 pub.

5. Install CUCM6.1.2 on the other new server, using the DMA backup done in the step above.

6. Perform system and usability tests once the new server is built. You can always go back to the temp 4.1.3 pub if you need to re-run DMA if any errors are found.

7. Build the second node (subscriber) on the server acting as the temp 4.1.3 pub.

8. Finally switchover the new servers with the ones in production. No changes will be required on the network settings as the new ones are built with the same settings as the ones in production.

Hope this helps.

Esteban

Thnx for you info on this.

Looks like a good setup like this.

Regards

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: