cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on DC directory in CCM 5.X, 6.X version

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

hello Friends. i know in CCM 4 and below it is called DC directory. I want to know in CCM 5 and above version how DC Directory is called. In ccm ver 4.x it is installed along with ccm. but in ver 5, 6.x DC directory is included? or we have to use only windows active directory? pls explain

regards

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In Appliance based CM (CM 5+) the local directory has been integrated into the Informix database. There is no seperate application for directory.

Active Directory is fully supported and much improved LDAP integration over CM 4 and earlier as well.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Sorry for my ignorance. what do u mean by appliance based CM. More over the local directory is inbuild in the informix. shall we use this inbuild if we do not have the active directory? pls explain little more. sorry to trouble u.

regards

appliance models are the Linux versions 5.x and above

SQL and DCD are no longer used, we only use informix and both the DB and the directory info are in there. it's the equivalent of what DCD was on 4.x

if you do not plan to use AD you're going to use that one since you don't get a choice

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Appliance - Linux

With internal directory you add users directly in CallManager, you specify the passweord there, etc. Authentication takes place against CallManager when users login to ccmuser page for example. All the information is stored locally in Informix database. Windows based CM 4.X and below stored all this info in DC Directory locally vs SQL database.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Can anyone point to me to information on how to query the informix database (specifically the directory portion) for use in an application? We are hoping to present our users with a directory lookup option off of our portal...

I rate any helpful replies.

R.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: