Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4503 - Generating Reports

interedlb
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I've a got a Cisco 4503 Core Switch.

Would it possible to extract reports? Does it have this feature by default or I needed to enable some feature to be able to generate reports?

PS - Reports like bandwidth usage by IP address, Communication summary between internal hosts and the internet...

Thank you,

Raymond

4 Replies 4

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

To generate such types of reports you need to enable Netflow on switch.

NetFlow Statistics is a global traffic monitoring feature that allows flow-level monitoring of all IPv4-routed traffic through the switch using NetFlow Data Export (NDE). Collected statistics can be exported to an external device (NetFlow Collector/Analyzer) for further processing. Network planners can selectively enable NetFlow Statistics (and NDE) on a per-device basis to gain traffic performance, control, or accounting benefits in specific network locations.

NetFlow Flow Statistics are disabled by default.

Switch(config)# ip flow ingress

Switch(config)# ip flow ingress layer2-switched

Switch# show ip cache flow

To configure the switch to export NetFlow Statistics to a workstation when a flow expires, perform one of these tasks:

Switch(config)# ip flow-export destination {hostname | ip-address} udp-port

Switch(config)# ip flow-export version

{1 | {5 [origin-as | peer-as]}}

You can use Cisco Netflow Collector software , or some freeware to collect the Netflow Data..

HTH...rate if helpful..

Hi,

What about IP accounting? Does it help when it comes to generating the reports that I'm requesting?

Thanks,

Raymond

It may help to certain extent...

Netflow has large number of features & is better.

I am not sure whther you will be able to export the data gnerated by IP Accounting.

In order to run Netflow on a Cat4500 you'll need to buy a Netflow Services card (WS-F4531) unless you have a SUPV-10G or a SUP-6E, which you probably won't in a Cat4503 :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco