Views
Helpful
Replies

Scripting

daemon_sid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we have ipcc ent 6.0 cra 3.5

Can we do some operations for contact in cra script or icm script ( like query to the database ) when caller drop call while in ivr menu.

7 Replies 7

voiceops
Level 1
Level 1

Daemon,

Can you provide more detail?

You want to query a database if a caller hangs up? or You want to run a query to see how many calls hang up while in IVR?

I want to query database if a caller hang up.

From webview statistic i now how many calls hang up while in IVR( different calltype for queue on agents).

Probably not since the CRA scripts are launched and stepped through by a call. So once a call ends the script stops. You might be able to get all this data out of the TCD table without having to do any IVR scripting change.

david

I can set icm variables while cra script is going ,but if caller just hang up without going through End step at the end of a script, this data not shown in Termination_Call_Detail table in HDS.

My apologies I'm still not clear on what you want to do. I just want to be cleared because it could also help me. I'm new to ipcc enterprise but not to scripting; we also have icm 6 with cra 3.5.

So,

1. Do you want the IVR script to trigger a database query when a call ends?

or

2. Do you want the ICM script to trigger a database query when a call ends?

or

3. You, manually, want to query a database to see what calls hang up while in IVR?

or

4. You want certain ICM peripheral variables to get populated the moment a call hangs up in IVR?

thanks

I want the IVR script to trigger a database query when a call ends. ( 1 option )

I need it to get statistics about quantity of inquiries to each point of ivr srcipt.

What we do is, we call a URL after certain points in the IVR script so we can register those. For instance, we have a scripts that asks callers if they want documentation sent to them and right after they choose 1 or 2 (yes or no) we call a URL and pass parameters with the value 1 or 2 (yes or no). The URL points to an ASP page which in turn writes to an Oracle table. We have others that write it to a txt file but it basically the same thing.

We don't have the database read feature on our version of IVR or ICM 6 so we have to do it that way.

Passing it to the ICM script will not work since, like you said, that happens once it ends and not before.

I hope this help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: