Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-Tenant setup: 'Directories' phone button with LDAP XML

The multidirectory.asp found in Ciscos SDK for IP Phone Services (or any other XML LDAP directory) is normally accessed as a phone service from the 'Services' phone button.

I would like to replace the default CUCM 'Corporate Directory' menu under the 'Directories' phone button with a customer specific multidirectory.asp (or any other Cisco compatible LDAP XML directory).

The LDAP XML directory replacing the 'Corporate Directory' should not be set on CUCM enterprise level; It should be possible to select different LDAP XML directories based on CUCM user groups (this could be a partition, device pool, user department or maybe even the phones dhcp information)

Any suggestions are most welcome!

BR,SG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It can be set on the phone configuration itself. Kind of a bear to manage, but perhaps you can use BAT updates to help.

I did something like that, in fact exactly like that. But that was back when CCM 3.2 was new (like 5-6 years ago), before Cisco had a multidirectory.asp. I had to do it all by hand. And we had to specify the directory URL on each phone. It was easy because the users didn't move around at all. It was a multi-tenant solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

It can be set on the phone configuration itself. Kind of a bear to manage, but perhaps you can use BAT updates to help.

I did something like that, in fact exactly like that. But that was back when CCM 3.2 was new (like 5-6 years ago), before Cisco had a multidirectory.asp. I had to do it all by hand. And we had to specify the directory URL on each phone. It was easy because the users didn't move around at all. It was a multi-tenant solution.

Kevin Porter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am looking for help on the exact same idea, were you able to get anywhere with the configuration? I was planning on using the Phone configuration page for Directory URL (CUCM 6.1) and have been looking for how to configure the applicable external web server with the required files to point back to my AD server...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: