cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM 5.0 web interface doesn't work

ecarabias
Level 1
Level 1

I've upgraded a DMM from 4.1 to 5.0. This proccess was successful. When I try to access the web interface, the main page doesn't appear. The telnet to the 8080 TCP port responds correctly. It has a static IP address and a FQDN. The DNS server has an entry for the DMM.

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Have you tried FireFox? It could be a problem with IE7. Make sure forward and reverse DNS is working. And also make sure you are not just using an IP and you have a FQDN entry in your DNS server for it otherwise it will not work.

In the Quick start guide for DMS 5.0 I read the following:

"3. Specify the fully qualified, DNS-routable hostname for the DMM appliance. Select Change, and then select OK. You can enter either the DNS-routable hostname or the IP address, for example: server.example.com"

So it is possible to work without DNS?

But when I try to acces the webinterface (http://ip:8080/ I see the login page, but when I try to login with superuser/admin I get the following message:

"The Application encountered an exception ( code : 500 ) :: edu.yale.its.tp.cas.client.CASAuthenticationException: Unabl"

Is this due to the fact that I don't work with DNS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: