cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow analyser issue please

Just Kennie
Level 1
Level 1

Please i am using netwflow analyser to monitor my traffic. i notice that my traffic are going to broadcast address of the subnet when I click the 'IN' radio button with application - NETBIOS-DGM,and to the reguired destinaion when I click the 'OUT' radio . In some branches, they are going to the required destination,whether I click IN or OUT button. please explain this.

2.The link BW is 128kpbs,must I specify this on the router interface or Netflow for accurate capture.

3.I can see my exchange traffic on the netflow.How will i do this.

4.How will i be able to see more applications

1 Reply 1

Scott Cannon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kennie,

Unfortunately, I wasnt able to find any good links to refer you to so I'll just share my limited knowledge and allow others to build on it.

Your netflow stats are sent to devices based on the config on your routers using the command:

ip flow-export destination

I dont know enoug habout Netflow Analyser to say whether setting the BW on an interface provides any benefit. In the case of NBAR it does not.

I dont understand your 3rd point. Please clarify.

If there are protocols you would like Netflow to analyse that your version does not support you can download PDLMs from the Cisco website and install these on your routers.

You can find detail on installing PDLMs here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t8/dtnbarad.htm#wp1075340

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card