cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Delay With Logon/Logout

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCM Cluster V6.1(2). I have a significant delay when users Logon/Logout of Extension Mobility.

Logon is okay, however it can take approx 10 seconds for the Phone Profile to change after Logon. The same delay is experienced when I Logout of Extension Mobility.

Any ideas why the delay happens would be appreciated.

Ian.

5 Replies 5

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

someone else asked the same question yesterday.

In enterprise parameters and IP Phone services, are you resolving the URL's by DNS or IP address?

It's usually best practice to configure everything with an IP (see attached) rather than domain name....sorry if you've already checked this.

Please rate useful posts..

Hi, I am facing the same problem with CUCMBE 6.1.2. I am resolving the URL's by IP address. Any other idea why we are getting this problem?

Chandrasen

Hi,

Thanks for the response. URL's are being resolved by IP address.

Ian.

Hi, I am resolving the URL's using IP address but I am getting the same delay problem. Any idea?

Chandrasen

Hi,

It's possible you are coming across this problem...

CSCsm82398 Bug Details

CUCM TFTP not responding caused EM login delay

Symptom:

After EM login (UserID and PIN is entered). Phone unregister and then re-register, but taking about 4-5 minutes to show the line ID, and label in the EM profile on the LCD of the phnoe

Sniffer capture for the IP phone shows CUCM TFTP on publisher is sending ICMP port unreachable message for the tftp request on udp port 69 from the phone.

And iptable on CUCM publisher server should xllate/redirect the request on udp port 69 to 6969 which is the actual port the tftp sevice is listening to.

Command "show network status listen nodns" showing tftp is not listening to port 6969.

But tftp traces showing some requests seems to be still processing by tftp service and the tftp service looks started.

Workaround:

Restart TFTP cleared the issue

Alternatively, have you checked in RTMT whether there are any general errors or alarms? Monitor the phone EM login/logout process and try a sniffer on the PC to see if there are any dropped packets?

Is this affecting all users, or certain people in one office?

Please rate useful posts...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: