cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500 issue

David Niemann
Level 3
Level 3

Recently deployed 4500s are not allowing more than 3 mac addresses from one port. I do NOT have port-security configured. I simply have an office type switch (linksys) with 6 computers connected to it plugged into an access port that is assigned to a single vlan and it will only allow three macs. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

It it giving any error , generating log ??

The only error I saw in the log was from where VMPS was previously assigning the vlan dynamically. Once I saw the error I statically assigned the VLAN to that interface.

Sep 16 15:40:24: %VQPCLIENT-2-DENY: Host 000d.569b.390d denied on interface Fa2/44

From the output interpreter .

ERROR MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS (if any)

%VQPCLIENT-2-DENY (x1): Host [enet] denied on interface [chars]

Explanation: The VLAN Membership Policy Server (VMPS) denied access for the given

host MAC address to an interface. [enet] is the host MAC address, and [chars]

is the interface name.

Recommended Action: This is an informational message only. No action is required.

If you think that the host should have been allowed access, verify the configuration

on the VMPS.

%VQPCLIENT-2-DENY (x0): Host [enet] denied on interface [chars].

Explanation: The VLAN Membership Policy Server (VMPS) has denied access for the

given host MAC address to an interface. [enet] is the host MAC address, and [chars]

is the interface name.

Recommended Action: No action is normally required. If you think that the host

should have been allowed access, verify the configuration on the VMPS.

Thanks for the reply, but I disabled the VMPS on that port when I assigned it statically which is what made the error go away, but it still only is allowing 3 mac addresses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card