cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM issue

sameoj1881
Level 1
Level 1

I try creating a collector under the IPM and I get this error message attached.

Can someone please tell me where I need to check to correct this error.

29 Replies 29

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like CSCsl37260. This bug indicates you did not configure your collector properly. Exactly what did you do to arrive at this error?

I want to configure the collector. IPM>COLLECTOR MGMT>COOLECTOR>CREATE>SOURCE DEVICES,TARGET DEVICES,OPERATION>NEXT, Then I GOT THAT ERROR.

How can I configure the collector in the right way.

You need to select a source router, target device, and operation from each of the three panes before clicking next. The fix for this bug simply pops up a dialog saying you missed some steps.

The same error keeps popping up. How do I resolve this bug?

I'd say open a TAC service request, and get on a WebEx or Meeting Place session, and have them watch what you're doing to see if anything is missing. I have tried IPM 4.0.1 here, and it works if I select everything correctly. I select a source router, then select a device from my target list. Finally, I select an IP SLA operation. For my tests, I select DefaultIpEcho.

Thanks for your reply. Can you please guide me through and let me see where I went wrong. Under source devices, I have options like all devices,device type groups,user defined groups,etc, which should I check? Under target devices, I have options like all devices,device type groups,user defined groups,etc, which option should I check? For the operation you already told me which one I can choose.

You can choose any device from the All Devices list. You can choose any device under the Target > All Devices or Adhoc Devices lists. The devices you choose should represent the start and end points for the collector you're trying to create. That is, you want to monitor the latency between those two points in the network.

Thanks for your reply.

How do I MANUALLY ADD DEVICES to the IPM APPLICATION?

Source devices must be Cisco IOS devices that are present in DCR. They cannot be manually added to IPM. You can, however, manually add target devices (adhoc targets) under IPM > Collector Management > Devices > Add Adhoc Target. A target can be any IP node in the network.

I have devices on the DCR 266 devices but it`s not seeing it,it sees it as IPSLA not enable under IPM device categorization.

What should I do to ensure that all the devices appear as IPSLA enable?

Thanks.

The device needs to have SNMP properly configured, and needs to be running a feature set capable of IP SLA. What version of IOS is this device running?

IOS 12.1,12.3 and 12.4 running on all devices

Are these IOS IP SLA capable?

I have IP SLA MONITOR RESPONDER command configured on each device as well. Yet the IPM still sees it as IPSLA not enable.

What could be wrong.

What feature set are these devices running?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: