CUCM 6.1 cluster accros WAN links

Unanswered Question
Sep 18th, 2008
User Badges:

I was recently told that one of the nice features of 6.1 is that a subscriber node could be place accross a WAN link. I have a two node cluster right now. I'm thinking about adding a third in a backup data center. I would create two CallManager groups and have the both subcribers is each group but is reverse order. Then assign all the remote phones to the remote group and the local phones to the local group. Does this make sense?

--Patrick

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Thu, 09/18/2008 - 11:11
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

In 6.x we add the capability of DB writting in Subscriber IDS databases for user features like (EM, Call Forward, MWI, etc).

We have always had that capability for nodes across the WAN, meeting certain requirements.

in te SRND guide for 6.x

www.cisco.com/go/srnd you willl find all that info.

and for answering your question it makes sense what you are trying to achieve as long as you meet those requirements.

hypnotoad Thu, 09/18/2008 - 11:27
User Badges:

Thanks for the speedy reply. I know that earlier version could cross a WAN but I was told early on that the bandwidth requirements were quite high.

I am now under the impression that the bandwidth required is much less for the latest versions.

There is some good info on those SRND docs. I'll read through them and make sure I have the network sized appropriately.

--Patrick

Jon Nelson Thu, 09/18/2008 - 12:47
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You are correct. Clustering over the WAN requirements have been relaxed in version 6.1. The old requirements were 40ms RTT, the new requirements are 80ms RTT.

Thank you,

Jon

Actions

This Discussion