Inbound SPF / DKIM reports

Unanswered Question
Sep 18th, 2008
User Badges:

I've turned on inbound DKIM and SPF / SIDF verification in my mail flow policy (but haven't set up any policy actions for failing messages yet).

How can I get stats for how many of my inbound messages are passing SPF and DKIM checks? I can see the verification taking place in the logs.

We have an M650 but there are no reports that shed any light on these stats.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
karlyoun Thu, 09/18/2008 - 16:27
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Bloke

You can set up Content Filters that check for DKIM and SPF results, then run a Content Filter report to see how often they were triggered.

A Content Filter need not have an action, so you can add them for reporting only. One filter for each status you want to track.

-karl

I've turned on inbound DKIM and SPF / SIDF verification in my mail flow policy (but haven't set up any policy actions for failing messages yet).

How can I get stats for how many of my inbound messages are passing SPF and DKIM checks? I can see the verification taking place in the logs.

We have an M650 but there are no reports that shed any light on these stats.
thatbloke_ironport Fri, 09/19/2008 - 02:00
User Badges:

That's good to know, thanks. I've set up the content filters and a weekly report - we'll see what comes out.

It would be great to have a 'pre-canned' report showing what proportion of inbound mail is DKIM and SPF verified, it's not ideal having to set up a content filter for every condition.

karlyoun Sat, 09/20/2008 - 01:19
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Agreed. I'll pass that information back to Product Managers.

That's good to know, thanks. I've set up the content filters and a weekly report - we'll see what comes out.

It would be great to have a 'pre-canned' report showing what proportion of inbound mail is DKIM and SPF verified, it's not ideal having to set up a content filter for every condition.

Actions

This Discussion