Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End User Quarantine Safelist

I have opened up the End User Quarantine to the employees of the company. They can now get notifications of quarantined messages, access them and release them.
One of the employees has noted that even though they add an address to their personal safelist in the EUQ, any subsiquent messages still get quarantined even though the sending address is in their safelist.

Do I have a missunderstanding on how the safelist works in the EUQ. I though that even though our content filters would quarantine the message based on the safelist of the individuals it would be released accordingly.

Ron

1 Reply 1

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

The safelist/blocklist that your employees add/subtract/maintain email addresses for pertain to the IronPort Spam Quarantine and anti-spam scanning.

Those email addresses that are added to the safelist/blocklist aren't immune to say a Profanity content filter that sends to the Policy quarantine(aka System Quarantine).

I have opened up the End User Quarantine to the employees of the company. They can now get notifications of quarantined messages, access them and release them. 
One of the employees has noted that even though they add an address to their personal safelist in the EUQ, any subsiquent messages still get quarantined even though the sending address is in their safelist.

Do I have a missunderstanding on how the safelist works in the EUQ. I though that even though our content filters would quarantine the message based on the safelist of the individuals it would be released accordingly.

Ron