cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to avoid missed calls history on SHARED lines?

l.demanet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a setup intensively using Barge and Privacy feature with shared lines. Users IP phones are configured with their primary extension, as well as with Directory Number of their colleagues (as shared lines).

My issue is that when a colleague DN is called with no answer, this call appears as missed call on every ip phone sharing this DN, while I'd like it to appear on the colleague phone only.

Is there a way to restrict missed calls history to only display missed calls received on the primary line and not those received on other shared lines?

Many thanks,

Laurent

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Laurent,

This is documented in: CSCdt61023

In the 8.0(3) phone firmware, there is an indication as to which line a missed

call was received on, and there are options to view call details or delete specific entries from the call history logs.

However, these features only apply to the 7911, 7941, 7961, 7970 and 7971 phone models.

No plans to implement these on the 7905, 7912, 7940 or 7960.

You get a "details" softkey that brings up an extra screen full of info.

HTH

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Seeing CSCdt61023 details, I understand I4m not the only one willing the feature.

Actually my version (5.1.3 and 7961) does display in the missed called history which line was called, but it's not handy as one phone can share up to 19 lines... So users need to go through ALL missed calls, looking on which line it was received.

Anyway, thank you again for your input!

Laurent

Hey Gonz,

Hope all is well my friend! Thanks for posting up this bug, I had never actually seen this anywhere. +5 points for your always stellar support :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: