Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors in CiscoView interfaces information

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a LMS 2.6 over Windows and we have some 2660 devices. If we take a look to one of them in CiscoView and make double-click in the port 37, it shows "FastEthernet 0/39" in the description field and it appears in red (down) when really it's up and running.

In addition, if we look up the UT End Host Report for this device, in this port fa0/37 are connected up to 6 devices!! (I attach a screenshot).

I don't understand this information, can anyone help me, please?

Regards.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no screenshot, and you use both Fa0/39 and Fa0/37. In addition to the screenshot, please post the output of an snmpwalk of the ifTable.

Hi,

sorry, I made a mistake and posted 2 threads and the screenshot was attached in the other thread. Sorry.

Anyway, here you have the screenshot and the output of the snmpwalk command.

Many thanks.

I have updated the device package for Cat2960 and the CiscoView information now is right. So, the chassis view appeared but it was not correct because the package was an old version.

But I don't understand how is it possible that in UT end host report, there are several end hosts connected to the interface fa0/37.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you very much.

Please provide the output of show mac-address-table from this switch. It would also help to see the switch's running config.

Hi,

I attach you some outputs from "show mac-address-table" command (show-commands.jpg). You cab see that there are devices connected to both the interfaces fa0/3 and fa0/4, both appear as "up" in the ciscoview (ciscoview.jpg), but I dn't understand why CW can show the IP address of the device connected to the fa0/3 and cannot do it for the device connected to the fa0/4, showing only the MAC address.

Regards.

Sorry, I attach the files.

The UT report isn't showing ports Fa0/3 or Fa0/4. However, UT uses routers to get the IP of MAC addresses. Check the ARP tables on the routers which know about the Fa0/4 MAC, and make sure the ARP entry is present. If you're not doing ping sweeps as part of your User Tracking acquisitions, you might consider enabling them.

Oh sorry, Joe!

The UT entries for fa0/3 and fa0/4 are shown in the second part or the report.

fa0/3 shows MAC address and IP address for the device connected to but fa0/4 only shows the MAC address.

But thank you very much for the quick answer!