Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1.1.23 secured_client detected

why is the above error regarded as a major error? when it is an information message only.

It means there is a secured mapi client detected

also I cannot find the release notes for WAAS 4.1.1a.10 I take it there are some fixes not in 4.1.1.23

9 Replies 9

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The release notes for 4.1.1a10 are included in the general 4.1.1 notes. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v411/release/notes/ws411rn.html

I took a look at that alarm and it is documented that it is a major level. If you have MAPI enabled, the product is telling you it cannot accelerate these clients. So do you have some of your clients encrypted and some not? If this is common and it continues to cause the alarm to show, I'm sure we can submit a request to make the alarm informational only.

Dan

Hi there,

I'm also seeing this alarm in 4.1.1a at a few of our sites. I'm told that we aren't using encryption for our email clients, but we are piloting Microsoft Office Communicator.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

What version email clients are you using?

The alarm is generated by EPM, so it could come from any MS-RPC based communication.

Zach

Hi there,

We have Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients.

Thanks,

Brian

My understanding is that Outlook 2007 uses encryption by default. Has that been explicitly disabled in your environment?

Thanks,

Zach

Yes, encryption is disabled at the client and server end.

Is there a way to view the IP of the client causing the alarm?

Thanks,

Brian

Yes the syslogs tell you which IP. Do WAAS support any way to accelerate the traffic or is the only way to disable the encryption? Soon all our clients will be encrypted becuase of outlook 2007

In the 4.1.1 release encrypted traffic is not handled by the MAPI AO. We are working on support for encrypted MAPI in a future release.

Zach

FYI, the "client" causing the encryption connection error is our Unity voicemail server.

Thanks,

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: