slongewa Fri, 09/19/2008 - 06:17
User Badges:

According to everything that I have read the 500 series phones are only for use with UC500 product line.

I'm not sure if this is due to a licensing issue, or some kind of intrinsic hardware / software configuration, but all cisco documentation says that they are only for use with the UC500 platform.

HTH,

Steve

castro.nuno Fri, 09/19/2008 - 06:29
User Badges:

Yes, i have read it... but the UC500 uses CME with basic features, so it should work no?? Can anyone say more?

Thanks;

slongewa

Rob Huffman Fri, 09/19/2008 - 06:37
User Badges:
  • Super Red, 40000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Nuno,

I think Steve's assessment is most correct. +5 points for this Steve. This specific question is in the Q & A;

Q. Does Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express support the Cisco Unified IP Phone 500 Series?

A. Yes, but the phones will work only when plugged into the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series, which runs Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express for its call processing.

Q. What is the Cisco® Unified IP Phone 500 Series?

A. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 500 Series are cost-effective, entry-level phones designed to work solely with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business.

Also look at the Platform Support portion of Table 1;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/qanda_c67-466070_ps9730_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Hope this helps! Sorry man :(

Rob

Actions

This Discussion