Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote connection client-server ani server LMS 3.1

j.ballesta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgraded LMS 3.0.1 to 3.1 and I have a problem with connection client- server in Campus Manager.

From LMS 3.1 server, I can connect to topology services normally, but if I want to connect from remote client I obtain the following error: cannont connect to any server: ANIServer6.0-gestion

ANIServer process is "Running with busy flag set".

What happend?

Thanks.

24 Replies 24

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/install/guide/prereq.html#wp1075786 . In particular, you must make sure UDP port 42342 is open from client to server. This is a new requirement in LMS 3.1.

If I launch Topology Services like client from server, application is launched correctly, but if I launch it like client from remote machine I obtain one error (Error Topology Services.png)

Between client and server don't exist anything to filter traffic, so all ports are opened. I send you output of 'netstat' commnad from server (netstat.txt)

In server, there is not anything UDP port up. All are TCP port.

What can I do?

Sorry, I send you connections of UDP ports of server (UDPports.png)

Sorry, the port is tcp/42342. Can you telnet to this port from the client? You should get an open connection. If it times out, or you get a connection refused then something is blocking the connection. Do you have any host-based firewall enabled on the server (e.g. Windows Firewall)?

I can telnet to tcp/42342 from client and server. I haven't any firewall between client and server and Windows Firewall is disabled.

From client all is correctly but from remote machine is error.

I have uninstalled all java versions and I launched Topoloy Services. It unloads java version from LMS server and I install it but the error is the same.

What happens when you click the Details button? Or does that bring up the other pop-up? If you enable the Java Web Start console, the console output may have more useful information.

Something else you should try is to set the locale of the client to US English. Spanish is not a supported language for LMS, and it could be interfering with Topology Services.

I have same problem as if I set locale of the client to US English as if I set locale to Spanish.

I send you details that the pop up display and the messages logged in java console window.

Where are the errors when running in US English?

Here are the errors when running in US English.

Like you see, they are same that when it running in Spanish.

Yes, but now I can fully understand it. This points to bad cache info. Go to your Java Control Panel, click the Temporary Internet Files > Settings button, and delete the cached files. Then try launching Topology.

I have deleted the cached files from Java Control Panel but the result is exactly same that I had before.

I thought I would post to say that I am encountering the same problem. On two out of the three 3.1 installations I have done recently, Topology Services will run locally on the server but not remotely from a client on the same LAN. The client can be W2K or XP running IE6/IE7/Firefox but it always fails. Wireshark shows only connections to tcp 1741 before the java error message.

Please start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco