Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity voice mail

Hi all, I am having a problem with voice mail. it was working fine but now it is no longer working. when the call is transfered to voice mail, the caller get another rining tone as if it is transfered to another extension. the caller doesn't get voice mail greetings.

I set an attemmpt forward rule in unity, and a selected call action "take message" and the convesation defaulted to attempt forward.

I am using Cisco Unity Connection version: 2.0.1.2000-337 with call manager 6. Please assist. this was working fine before.

6 Replies 6

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if the user pres the messege butten what happen?

it ask the user to enter an id and the password. user's can still listen to saved messages.

ok

why u have a forward rule on ur unity

i think leav it to the defualt

in this case case the unity can reconized the subsecribure number !!

use the rules when u wanna match spisific calling number for example and take an action for it

I tried that and still don't work. I have realized that this problem is intermittent. Sometimes pressing the msg button doesn't work also. Also, it is like the is a phone ringing. The problem seems to be wider than I thought.

Hi,

What happens when you press the messages button and it doesn't connect to Unity?

Are all the voicemail ports registered?

Are there any specific errors in the event log on Unity?

Hi,

I checked all the port and they are registered fine.

How do I check event logs?

it seems like the problem is with the "take message part of it". If I create a call handler, record message and send the call to the handler, it does play greatings but it can't take the message. then, it affect the msg button on the phone. after few seconds, the message button works again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: