Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works- Down Processes

mrashby
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I am just starting to configure Cisco Works I am in Common Services and I have some downed processes, they are listed below. Does anyone know what could be causing the downed services?

Down Processes: EPMDbMonitor, NOSServer, CmfDbMonitor, FHServer, IPMProcess, SyslogAnalyzer, CTMJrmServer, Interactor1, DFMCTMStartup, EDS-GCF, IPMOGSServer, CMFOGSServer, DFMOGSServer, DataPurge, INVDbMonitor, ChangeAudit, NetShowMgr, InventoryCollector, CampusOGSServer, Interactor, TISServer, NCTemplateMgr, jrm, UTManager, ConfigMgmtServer, DCRServer, ICServer, EssentialsDM, InventoryCollector1, TomcatMonitor, PTMServer, RMEDbMonitor, RMEOGSServer, IpmDbMonitor, FHDbMonitor, OpsxmlDbMonitor

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, everything is hosed. Your problem is most likely due to a socket starvation issue triggered by a DLL conflict with DFM. If you upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 followed by DFM 3.0.3, this problem will go away. As a workaround, you can periodically restart Daemon Manager whenever the problem occurs.

LMS 3.0.1 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 , and the DFM 3.0.3 service pack can be obtained via Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of the pdshow command.

I had to add it as an attachment because it is over the character limit so I can't post it in the body of the message. So please see the attachment.

What version of DFM do you have installed?

The DFM version and patch level is 3.0.0

Also I can't use the group admin in common services it is telling me "Error in communicating with Group Administration Server. It may be down or not yet up. Please make sure that the Group Administration Server is up and running, then refresh the page."

Yeah, everything is hosed. Your problem is most likely due to a socket starvation issue triggered by a DLL conflict with DFM. If you upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 followed by DFM 3.0.3, this problem will go away. As a workaround, you can periodically restart Daemon Manager whenever the problem occurs.

LMS 3.0.1 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 , and the DFM 3.0.3 service pack can be obtained via Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

J,

Thanks that update cleared things up. This is what I have now

Critical Message Window:

CiscoWorks Folder Utilization is 6%

Processes DFMCTMStartup, DataPurge are down

Log files ESSMonitor.log exceeded the recommended size limit

Looks like you're in good shape. The DFMCTMStartup and DataPurge processes are allowed to be down (and typically are). The fact that they show up as critical here is a bug.

If you want to keep log file disk space utilization down, consider implementing logrot. Search the Common Services online help (or this forum) for more on configuring logrot.pl.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: