cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM crashes

tniessen
Level 1
Level 1

I am having repeated issues with ASDM crashing while loading. The ASDM launches successfully, show me the screen where it is discoverin device version... gets to 17% and the crashes. No error message, no windows error screen, just the program closes. Any ideas? I've tried de-installing / isntalling java from SE6 update 1 - 7 individually with no success. ASDM launches is version 1.5(22) connecting to an ASA 5520.

5 Replies 5

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Try uninstalling every version of Java visible in the control panel. Empty recycle bin. Empty prefetch files (C:\Windows\Prefetch) and then reboot the computer to dump RAM.

Install Java. Try again. See what happens.

Hi jjohnston,

This worked to me.

Many Thanks..

Hi Thomas,

What versions of ASA and ASDM software are you using?

Also, take a look at the output that gets written to the Java console when you are trying to launch ASDM. This may give you some insight into where the load is failing.

-Mike

Mike,

The firewall is ASA 5520 version 8.0(2)

I've tried a variety of the ASDM varieties - v1.5(22) v1.5(24) v1.5(30) and all fail at the same time.

Turned on logging and java console. The last line the java console shows is invoking sgz loader... and then closes. Actual program never gets above 17%.

No error, no log to be found. ASDM works great on my laptop - just not the desktop.

Been down the uninstall java path - no help.

1.Uninstall every version of java on your machine.

2. Open the ASA through URL, https://<ipaddrss>

3. Click on "Install Java Webstart", it will take you to Oracle site to download java

4. Install that version

5. Restart the IE or whatever browser you have

6. Boom !!!! ASDM fires... It works for me. Give it a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: