cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Seperating Traffic & VLANs

HMidkiff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1841 router connected to the Internet. Connected to the 1841 is a stack of 2960 switches. I have 5 VLANs on my switches and am using sub interfaces on the 1841. I have a public range of IP addresses. I want one of my VLANs to be the public range. If I need a port on that VLAN I will just configure the port on the right VLAN. I am not sure how to configure this? For security I don't want any of this traffic to be routed between the VLANs. I want it completely isolate. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

2 Replies 2

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can use access list to block the traffic from other Vlans by binding it to sub-interface.

HTH

Saju

Pls rate helpful posts

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why are you putting your public addresses on a VLAN? I'd use your VLANs for only internal connections, and then use FA0 or FA1 for your public addresses. If you need to have a range assigned, create a pool and do one-to-one NAT.

--John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: