Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict Internal CLI

tony.woodruff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've got a customer that has a newly installed CUCM6.1.1 and they have a couple of extensions internally that they want to appear as 'Unknown Number' when they call someone internally (It's for a helpdesk from what I understand). Is there anyway to set this to appear on the phones?

Cheers

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

u can do it in diffrent ways

the easiest way which i have done before through translation pattren

lets consider the following example lets say the internal numbers are 1xxx

and any call from numberr 1000 to any number within 1xxx will apear without the calling number

first u i u have on the internal phones/lines partions and CSS assigned to them

u need to creat a new partion that will be assigned to the translation pattren we gonna creat and only line 1000 must have access to it

creat partion lets name it P1

and crea a new CSS that must include the partion that is assigned to all internal numbers and include P1 partion as well

assigne this CSS in our example to line 1000

now creat a new translation pattren

In the Translation Pattern field, enter the pattern that you want to match

in our example will be 1xxx

now go to The Calling Line ID Presentation field determines if caller ID information is to be blocked for outbound calls that match this pattern. To block caller ID, select Restricted from the drop-down list. To allow caller ID, select Allowed from the drop-down list

and select Restricted from the drop-down list

and after that assigne this translatioon pattren pation P1 in our example which only line 1000 have access to it thorugh the new CSS created above

also assigne a CSS to this translation pattren that allow it access to internal phones through and CSS include internal numbers pations

when u make call from 1000 to any number in 1xxx range the 1000 will not apear for users

which is waht u look for

good luck

if helpful Rate

Hi,

I've actually tested this out, and it does restrict internal caller ID, the only problem is that when someone whose caller ID is blocked calls someone else internally and it rolls to the called party's VM, no caller ID of any kind is sent to Unity, hence, anyone whose internal caller ID is blocked gets the generic unity greeting when forwarded to anyone's voicemail.

I hoped that there might be a ignore presentation indicators internal setting on the VM ports, but I don't see that option.

Anyone found a way around this issue?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim

u mean the way i have suggisted didnt work ?

i am sure 100% it dose work based on the poster requirement which ristrect the number apearance !!

No, it definitely meets the requirement of blocking the caller ID internally, its just that I've run into a separate problem in implementing it that I'm trying to get around.

Thanks,

Jim

then for unity try to make another translation pattren and the matching pattren ur unity pilot number and this one dose not ristrect the number

and the same idea with partions only those who have their number ristrected should have access to this TP and the translation patren should have a CSS that let it access the pilot number of unity and VM ports as well

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: