cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade Callmanager 3.3(5) to 3.3(3)

jaruneesup
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to downgrade Callmanager 3.3(5) to 3.3(3)?

My problem is that I had 2 Callmanager with version 3.3(3) and had also upgrade to version 3.3(5). But now one of the server is damaged and need to be re-install. I now only have software version 3.3(3). So my plan is to downgrade the remaining to version 3.3(3) and then install the new server with version 3.3(3) and do an upgrade for both to version 3.3(5).

So I would like to know is there anyway to downgrade Callmanager 3.3(5) to 3.3(3)? Can't find any document on this?

Please this is very urgent

16 Replies 16

bobsairam
Level 1
Level 1

Is it in the cluster or standalone server?

which server crashed PUB or SUB ?

As per my knowledge you can not downgrade the CCM version from 3.3(5) to 3.3(3).Downgrade option available in the CCM 5.x and above.

you have to build the faulty server and install the CCM 3.3(3) and upgrade to 3.3(5) and restore the backup which is is easiest way( App 2 hours)

Even if you want to bring down the CCM 3.3(5) to 3.3(3).You need more downtime and time consume job.

If it useful, Pls rate it

It is in the cluster.

The server crashed is SUB.

Please help me confirm the process to build back the faulty server:

1.Backup the PUB server.

2.Install OS and CCM 3.3(3)

3.Upgrade to CCM 3.3(5)

4.Restore the backup from step 1

Can I use the backup file of PUB server to restore on the SUB server(the faulty server)?

When do really I plug the SUB into the network?

Thanks alot

You cannot downgrade but here's some option:

1. If you have a mirror, did you take out the mirror prior to upgrading to 3.3.5- if so, you can slap it back in and revert to 3.3.3

2. If no on #1 above, do you have a hw or sw issue with the bad server. Assuming HW, just

smartnet rma it out. At least you will be getting a good hw server

3. If sw, then backing up and restoring might re-introduce issues back into the sub especially if it is a corrupt database issue. For 4.x, you can remove the subscriber

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_0_1/ccmcfg/b09remsr.html

I'm not sure the same procedure applies to 3.x as I forgot when cisco migrate to sql2000 in CM

So assuming you can remove sub, I would

1. remove sub via sql

2. install a new sub on same hw and you should be good

Hi,

1.Backup the PUB server. -correct ,but required

2.Install OS and CCM 3.3(3) -correct

3.Upgrade to CCM 3.3(5) -correct

4.Restore the backup from step 1 -No

Can I use the backup file of PUB server to restore on the SUB server (the faulty server)? -no

When do really I plug the SUB into the network? .Connect it network first, While build the server give same old ip and server name and start the installation .

Here is interesting part while install build the ccm server select this server acting as PUB and you have to give cluster phrase password , once you given this PUB will replicate his DB to SUB , This is straight forward.

If you do not know the password phrase ( mostly password is -cisco ),you can reset that -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080095225.shtml

Nothing do with restore the Backup in this scenario

Please refer Installing Cisco CallManager on Subscriber Database Server(s) in the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/3_3/cm333ins.html#wp402880

Regards,

Bob

HTH

Pls rate it.

Hi bobsairam,

Please do confirm the previous process on restoring of the SUB.

It is an urgent!!!

It is a hardware(mainboard damage) issue and now I already got the new hardware replace so I need to reinstall everything include OS, CCM and restore configuration.

For urgent issues open a TAC case.

Once you have the SUB, once PUB in 3.3(3) is running you can reinstall it from scratch it easier, then upgrade to 3.3(5).

Hi,

Did you check the link , you can find the below information.

keep ready ccm 3.3(5) upgrade s/w.If you have support better open a TAC case

Installing Cisco CallManager on Subscriber Database Server(s)

Item Needed: Cisco CallManager Upgrade Disk 2 and New Installation and Recovery Disk

After you install Cisco CallManager on the publisher database server, you install the application on the subscriber database servers. For each subscriber database server, the installation takes 45 to 90 minutes, depending on the server type.

--------

Caution Perform the installation on one server at a time. This process ensures that the subscriber server(s) can receive a copy of the database from the publisher database server. -----Caution The installation procedure prompts you to remove the Cisco CallManager Upgrade Disk 2 and New Installation and Recovery Disk. Do not remove the disk unless the installation procedure directs you to do so. ----

Procedure

Step 1 After you install the operating system and log in to the server by using the Administrator account and password, obtain the Cisco CallManager Upgrade Disk 2 and New Installation and Recovery Disk and insert it into the drive when you are prompted to do so.

The installation preparation takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.

Step 2 To acknowledge that you disabled/uninstalled all Cisco-verified applications, click Yes.

Step 3 When the Welcome window displays, click Next.

Step 4 If you are performing a Same Server Recovery, the following message displays: "The Same System Recovery flag was detected. Is this server being configured as a Cisco CallManager Publisher?" Click No.

Step 5 Accept the Cisco CallManager license agreement by clicking the I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button; then, click Next.

Step 6 In the Customer Information window, the User Name and Organization that you entered during the operating system installation automatically display.

Cisco automatically populates the product key fields with the product key that you entered during the operating system installation. Click Next.

--------

Note The publisher database server functions as the master database for all servers in the cluster. All servers except the publishing database server maintain subscriber databases, which are copies of the publisher database server. If you are configuring a subscriber database server, make sure that the server that you are installing can connect to the publishing database server, so the installation can continue. The installation process necessitates this connection, so the publisher database server can be copied to the local drive on the subscriber server. To make sure a good connection exists between the servers, issue a ping command from the subscriber server to the publisher database server before you try to authenticate to it. If you are using Domain Name System (DNS), use a fully qualified domain name (for example, `hostname.cisco.com') with the ping command. If the ping command is not successful, you can also try to access the publisher database server from all subscriber servers by choosing Start > Run, entering \\\C$, and then by clicking OK. If the publisher database server cannot access the subscriber server, you must exit the installation program, fix the problem, and begin the installation process again on the subscriber server.

Step 7 Click the Complete radio button.

Step 8 In the Server Type window, perform the following procedure:

a. Click the Subscriber radio button.

b. Enter the computer name of the publisher database server.

-----

Caution If you enter the IP address or fully qualified DNS of the publisher database server, the installation fails.

c. Click Next.

---

continuation …of previous mail...

Caution When entering passwords for the local Administrator and SA (SQL Server system administrator) accounts, enter alphanumeric characters only. The account password must match on every server in the cluster.

Step 9 In the Administrator password window, enter the local Windows administrator password.

This password must match the Windows administrator password that is used on the publisher database server.

Click Next.

Step 10 Enter the Private Password Phrase for the cluster; confirm the phrase, and click Next.

This password must match the Private Password Phrase that you entered on the publisher database server.

Step 11 In the SQL Password window, perform the following procedure:

a. Enter the SA (SQL Server system administrator) password.

This password must match the SA password that is used on the publisher database server.

b. Press the Tab key.

c. To confirm the password, enter the password again; then, click Next.

Step 12 Now that the Cisco CallManager and other included software are ready to be installed, click Install. This part of the installation takes about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on your server type.

The status bar in the window indicates the progression of the installation. Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3a (or later), DC Directory, and Cisco CallManager install. Continue to wait while the installation completes.

Step 13 When the Cisco CallManager installation completes, click Finish to exit the wizard.

Step 14 Click Yes to restart the server.

Step 15 After the server reboots, remove the disk from the drive.

Step 16 Log in using the Administrator account and password.

Step 17 After you install Cisco CallManager on all subscriber server(s), go to the "Performing Post-installation Tasks" section.

Note : keep all media of 3.3(3) and 3.3 (5).Please refer the links .If you support then open a TAC case and engage with Engg

*****Important******Check this first*****

, as you told the Mother board gone faulty, Then you can just fix the mother borad and hope you have the old HDD used in that server.Just boot the server with the same HDD .Then check are you able to login inthe ccmadmin page .If it is working then register the phones and check .Then check the DB replication , if it broken need to start the replication manually .******If it is not working then follow above procedure to build the CCM server*****

HTH ,Please rate it.

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much your response is really help.

But now I have another problem. The previous support could not remember the Private Password Phrase. So I still could not bring back the subscriber(the faulty one).

I tried running the AdminUtility.exe as the document said to reset the password on PUB, but there is not help.

Do you have any suggestion on this?

Thank you so much

Hi,

did you try all combination of cisco/Cisco /cisco123 /password .Let me check in my ccm sql db .

i am in yahoo chat/ping me my id ranjan.babu@yahoo.com

With AdminUtility, you don't need to know old pwd as it is used to reset it. You only run this on the Pub

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080557ba5.shtml

Hi,

yes , Adminutility used for rest only.

Try again,

You need a 3.3(5) installation disk.

I had the same issue before, local Cisco office provide me the iso file to create the 3.3(5) installation disk, all issue was solved.

If you have the installation disk, you need take a backup of existing 3.3(5) data and install the system with backup date.

That is the easy way to solve the issue.

Michael.

Thank you so much.

I have tried asking the local Cisco office, but they don't have the 3.3(5) IOS file.

If possible, could you please provide me with the download of the 3.3(5).

It will be very grateful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: