Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 612 DRS Restore CCMDB Error

wenqianyu
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I am testing DRS restore for production CUCM 612 Cluster with multiple subsequent nodes. Is it possible to restore First Node and subsequent nodes to servers with different IP addresses other than the ones used in production cluster? In Cisco DRS doco, no place mention that you have to use the same server name and IP address.

I installed a First node with the same server name, but different IP address. When did DRS restore, it failed at CCMDB restore. Anyone knows what caused this error?

Thanks.

Wenqian Yu

5 Replies 5

bobsairam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are see the following information:

CCMDB Restore failed, installdb failed

425: Database is currently opened by another user.

Perform the following steps to complete the restoration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Stop the dbmon on all the subscriber servers.

admin:utils service list

Requesting service status, please wait...

Cisco Database Layer Monitor[STOPPED]

admin::59 pts/0 00:00:00 grep dbmon

Step 2 After DRF restore on the publisher server completes, restart the dbmon service.

admin:utils service list

Requesting service status, please wait...

Cisco Database Layer Monitor[STARTED]

admin:

If not help ,Can you upload DRS logs and Snapshot of error

Pls rate it.

-Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply.

I was trying to retore the entire cluster. This CCMDB error occurred when restoring the First Node. I did not see the error 425 in the log. The CCMDB log in DRS restore:

CDRREP: Could not start Cisco CAR Scheduler

CDRREP: Exiting car service activation script with error code 99

CAR services failed to start; Restore failed. TERMINATING

Restore failed.

I have not started the subsequent node yet. My feeling is that DRS only works when all nodes in the cluster use the same IP addresses as the original cluster where the backup files were generated. After restoring the first node (90% complete with CCMDB Error), I could not login to CCM Admin page. But I could login to OS Admin and DRS page. I guess the restore process changed the First node IP address in CCM Admin under System > Server.

I will try again to install the new Cluster with the same IP addresses and then do DRS restore.

Wenqian Yu

Hi,

It is possible to restore with new ip , only condition name should be same .Or change the name and ip mapped/ configured in CCM 5.0 linke host file etc..

Some of the information available in this doc .Let me try in my lab and update you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_2/ipchange/ipchg612.html

HTH

Bob,

From the Cisco file in your post, there are two places mentioned DRS:

"you cannot restore a node with a DRS file that contains a different IP address or host name"

This might be the reason for my DRS restore failure. I will think of another way to do this DRS restore test.

Thanks a lot for your inspiration.

Wenqian Yu

Sorry , in delay reply

It is possible logically .Server name should be same must ,then you need to change the IP information in host file and ETC after restore DB

OR do test again by useing same sever name and ip address and restore DB ,Change the IP After restore do the changes in host and etc ...to point new ip .Will see how it is going .This should work.

Note: do not connect the the server in production network

Pls update the status

Regards,

Bob

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: