Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL Request Sequence attribute

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

What is the proper use of the sequence attribute in an axl request?

I've made all my requests work just using 1234.

But should I be doing something else with it?

Cheers,

Tim

4 Replies 4

mvtonytjo
Level 1
Level 1

I used 1234 also!!

It always works. But what is the meaning of this attribute??

Tony

Hi,

it will work if you use 42 or 3 or anything else. In my opinion (theoretical) could be used to send more than one request at one time. You would need the sequence to devide the response for each.

But sending more than one request doesn't work ...

Axel

Hi,

Yep I have seen it will take almost anything.. so maybe it could be useful for our own logging / debugging I suppose.

I havent got my VM in front of me. Does the AXL response include the Seq we used in the request?

I'm not a developer, so I havent paid great attention to what I get back yet :) I just get the stuff I need, and move on!

Cheers,

Tim.

Just for kicks I changed the 1234 in my code to 1235 and if the response that comes back isn't an error, it contains the same sequence number. However, for me that's not particularly useful since I'm launching requests synchronously and my axl lib already dumps the request/response pair to the logs if I max out the logging level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: