Views
Helpful
Replies

No ring on analog phone with FXO - FXS

adrienbomble
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to deport a basic analog phone, directly connected on the PABX, on a remote site. As you can see on the drawing attached, i've used two routers; MAIN with FXO connected on PABX and REMOTE with FXS on which the analog phone is connected).

The problem is that the Analog phone (in blue) doesn't ring out when i call it. However if i pick the phone, i am able to hear or make conversation clearly.

Below the config of DP and voice-port for each router:

MAIN:

voice-port 1/0/0

cptone FR

timeouts call-disconnect 3

connection plar 3089

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 3089

session target ipv4:10.52.31.122

dtmf-relay h245-signal

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 1111

port 1/0/0

forward-digits all

---------------------------------------

REMOTE:

voice-port 0/2/0

cptone FR

timeouts call-disconnect 3

connection plar 1111

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern ....

session target ipv4:10.52.31.121

dtmf-relay h245-signal

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 3089

port 0/2/0

forward-digits all

--------------------------------------

Moreover, from the MAIN router if i perform the command "csim start 3089" the FXS remote phone rings.

I think it should be a signaling problem but i cannot find out the problem.

Do you have any suggest ?

Thanks in advance,

Adrien

3 Replies 3

adrienbomble
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone for suggest ?

Thanks,

have you got an FXS port on the main router where you could connect the phone?

i take it the phone is ok when directly connected to the PABX

Hello,

I've found where the problem was coming from ! Actually it was an hardware config problem. The problem was because jumpers on the FXO card didn't set properly. The jumpers were set for ground-start instead of loop-start. See below:

"On Certain FXO VICs include two jumper headers, W3 and W4, to set loop-start or ground-start mode. One jumper configures each FXO port. The default setting, which should be satisfactory in most installations, is loop start. In this setting, jumpers are placed over positions 2 and 3 of headers W3 and W4. Most modern central office equipment, such as DMS-100 and 5ESS switches, provides calling party control (CPC) and Ring on Seize on loop-start lines. CPC allows quicker disconnection, and Ring on Seize minimizes glare (collision of inbound and outbound calls on the same interface). If your central office does not provide these features on loop start, you may want to configure the FXO card for ground-start operation instead by moving the jumpers to positions 1 and 2. For proper operation, both jumpers must be configured identically. In most cases, jumper setting should have little or no effect on operation. "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800b53c7.shtml#features

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: