Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN AP group issue

samuelwai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all:

I just set up 10 vlan interface and 10 AP groups for each vlan by only One SSID.

But it's didn't work for me.All the client cannot get IP and even prompt a wep key enter .

I set up something as below :

1.set up AP group and assign vlan interface and SSID to each ap group

2.Assign the AP group to each AP i want.

3.Set up 1 SSID and use the managment interface.

I don't know what step i miss or anything wrong with me .

anyone have any ideal , please tell me .

Thanks a lot!

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to make sure, you have all the vlans configured on the switch and you also have a l3 interface configured for each one. All the dhcp scopes have been created and you have tested it. Did you assign the ap group to each radio and not just one?The prompting for a wep key is due to misconfiguration on the client end. The WLC will not ask you to enter the wep key.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi fella5 :

First , Thx your idea.

All vlans configured to the switch and all the Layer3 interface configured for each one .

DHCP scope work fine .

The PC client can associate to the AP successfully when i change the interface to other vlan at WLAN interface.But the AP group just not work.

by the way , would you mind tell me how i can assign the ap group to each radio ?

Sorry about that so groups are configured on each so not each radio. I would post the link but I'm on my iPhone and there is up cut and paste. Search for wlc so groups on google. That is step by step.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: