CV for a networking job

Unanswered Question
Sep 21st, 2008

hi all

what are the important points we have to bear in mind while preparing a impressive CV for a networking job

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
jcrussell Sun, 09/21/2008 - 05:35

Having lots of relevant work experience is the most important, in my opinion. Certifications and degrees help, but not as much as real-world experience.

Calin Chiorean Tue, 09/23/2008 - 02:42

Hi there!

Keep in mind not to be too "impressive" :) The employer expect you to know the topics that you put in your CV (as an example related to network field, if you have no idea what is MPLS then don't write this into the CV just because it is a fancy word).

If you have less experience (1-2 years) put first in the CV your education (university, certification, etc). If you are already senior in your domain, then put first the experience and the position that you held in your career.

Good luck!

Calin

shafistrokes Wed, 09/24/2008 - 00:21

hi

thank you for the valuable information given by you.i am in government service now. we have got a LAN consisting of ten computers at our office using windows2003 platform.i am preparing for a career shift.i plan to take CCNA test next month and CCNP in december. can i include my experience on LAN in my CV while applying a networking job

Calin Chiorean Wed, 09/24/2008 - 01:15

Hello!

Of course you can include your LAN experience, after all it is networking. Good luck with your exams!

Also you can include the fact that you worked for government. I believe that is a plus to your CV.

Cheers,

Calin

P.S. Thank for rating!

shafistrokes Wed, 09/24/2008 - 20:30

Hello calin

thank you for your quick response

and giving me right guidance

regards

shafi

Actions

This Discussion