cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Will Not Open - Receive Error: Unconnected sockets not implemented

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I recently upgrade the ASA image along with the ASDM.

I am using the ASA version 8.0(4)

I am using the ASDM version 6.1.3

When I attempt to open ASDM and try to connect, I receive this error:

"ASDM cannot be loaded. Click OK to exit ASDM. Unconnected sockets not implemented"

I have the latest version of java so I'm pretty certain its not that. I had no problem using ASDM on the previous version I was running.

8 Replies 8

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Downgrade the ASDM image from 6.1.3 to 6.1.1

HTH>

That did not fix the problem. I still receive the same error. I can't seem to find any documentation on this error either. :(

for ASDM 6.1.3, your local PC must have following requirement

Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher with Sun Java (JRE)2 1.4.2, 5.0 (1.5), or 6.0

Firefox 1.5 or higher with Sun Java (JRE) 1.4.2, 5.0 (1.5), or 6.0

what JRE you using ?

I go to update java and it says I have the latest. I'm trying to launch it through the ASDM application.

which version of JRE ? the latest beta version of Java is not supported .. also try to use Java Applet to open your ASDM..

You need to download Jave 2 SE v1.4.2....

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

This should fix your problem seelect the "Download J2SE JRE"

Hello I have the same problem.

it worked till yesterday and today I'm not able to reach asdm console and the error is the same of your.

From a different pc i have no problem.

Anyone have information about this issues?

rywatters
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same thing going on with my ASA5510. I wasn't able to use the ASDM on a computer connected on the inside interface, I had to go in on the management interface. Then I had to physically move my ASA the other day, so it got powered down and moved from one room to another. When I booted it back up and tried ASDM the other day, suddenly the silly thing decided to work. If you can, you might try powering down your ASA and powering it back on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: