cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RADIUS on ASA

mikedelafield
Level 1
Level 1

I have RADIUS authentication to an external RADIUS server setup for my Cisco ASA.

However I would like to differentiate between VPN login users and SSH, ASDM users etc.

At present radius allows either type of users access to any service.

But in reality I would like a restricted VPN list to access the Client VPN and another even more restricted list to access SSH and ASDM services.

I thought it would be a radius attribute perhaps but i'm not sure.

4 Replies 4

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, you have to enable group-lock in VPN configuration at ASA. And make the RADIUS returno the name of vpn group policy of the user with the attribute called Radius-Class.

My suggestion is, returning any non existing name in the group that should connect to SSH or Telnet

Thanks for the post.

I'm still not sure how to get this working? And there must be a simple way?

I can't be the only person who has ever wanted to use RADIUS for both SSH and VPN logons?

Thanks.

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but did you ever find a way to do this?  I'm running into the exact same  situation and would love to know if/how you got it working.

Thanks  in advance!

I would use two radius servers. One for users and the other for device management. That way, any configuration mistakes do not expose your devices. I would only use the same server if i am using different protocols( tacacs for devices and radius for users).

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card