Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Viewmail Outlook Intergration Login

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi UC experts,

I have a question about the Unity Viewmail Outlook plugin. The user is trying to play a voicemail in his inbox from another workstation. Now as soon as the phone is choosed as playback-device he is prompted to type in his username, password and domain (see screenshot). Ressource: <Name of the Unity Server>

Why does this promt come up and what is needed to be typed in here? His AD data doesn't work.

If you need further details please ask me. The problem isn't so easy to describe.

Regards

Moe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I think this topic has already been covered before, feel free to look at this useful link:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&topicID=.ee835d2&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd65c44

Sounds like Unity is trying to authenticate the user that may or may not be in another domain?

Please rate useful posts..

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I think this topic has already been covered before, feel free to look at this useful link:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&topicID=.ee835d2&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd65c44

Sounds like Unity is trying to authenticate the user that may or may not be in another domain?

Please rate useful posts..

Dear all,

I am experiencing the same issue. Did you get any progress on this?

We have Unity 5.0 integrated with Exchange and AD. We import all the Unity subscribers from Exchange.

When I try to play a message from Outlook using ViewMail I am prompted to type Username / Password / Domain.

I have discovered that I am prompted to type these data only if the user that has logged in the computer is not an Administrator of the Unity Server.

If the user that has logged in the PC with Viewmail is given administrator rights in the Unity everything works fine. If he is a normal subscriber that is not a Unity Administrator the authentication is required.

Obviously we don't want to give to all the subscribers of Unity Administrator rights.

How can we avoid this authentication request?

Best regards,

Amaia Lesta

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: