Views
Helpful
Replies

JavaME MIDlet support ?

bugeaudjb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Testing on a 7941 (8.3.3-17), I was able to make the browser call a test MIDlet, but at the end there is are two errors :

NOT 11:41:55.481203 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.ab:? - Security domain 'untrusted' not found in policy, defaulting to UNTRUSTED.

NOT 11:41:55.490923 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.ab:? - java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get default permissions from policy

The phone is right, my midlet is untrusted. But according to the JavaME MIDP default policy, there are default rights for an "untrusted" policy. So why is the phone defaulting to UNTRUSTED ? Then on the next line, it says he can not find the default permissions for the zone (UNTRUSTED ?).

What are the criteria that could prevent my midlet to run ?

FYI, this is a dummy "helloworld" kind of midlet ...

Any tips, pointer, will help ;-)

Rgs,

JB

PS: not sure if this is the right forum, but I did not see "non XML service forum".

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Midlet support is currently being developed/evaluated for the current generation of phones, but is not yet enabled or available for general developer use.

Please stand by for announcements in this area 'soon' :)

lakshmanraob
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I made my MIDlet to run on CISCO IP PHONE 7975.I have not found any difficulty in runni ng.

I used CM for loading the midlet on to the phone.

I don't know exactly the above information will give you correct idea about the problem you are facing, but for sure i can help you out if you give some more details about your midlet.

My midlet in 7975 is working fine and even it is connecting to the database also, and parses the XML file also

lakshman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: