cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to sync 2 systems. LMS 3.1

chris.mcgarrah
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ciscoworks LMS 3.1 systems. They are set up as Master - Slave. On the master system all the devices in the DCR are managed by all the apps, as desired. On the slave system I would also like to have all devices manged by all apps, but only some are manged. I have Enable Auto Mode and Manage All Devices checked off in RME. Do I need to do something else?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do this. Set the slave's DCR mode to standalone. Shutdown Daemon Manager on both servers. Reinitialize all of the databases on the slave one more time. On the master, remove these two lines from dcr.ini:

DCR_SLAVES_COUNT=1

SLAVE-1=HQ1MA139-DCR-4306780^HQ1MA139\:443^2545^0^0^

Restart Daemon Manager on both servers. Re-set the slave's DCR status to slave. The two should sync up.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing else is required. If the devices are in DCR, then the applications should manage them. You should check the Common Services homepage on the RME server to make sure the expected number of devices are showing up. You can also go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices, and select Add Devices to see if there are any devices pending for which RME did not receive an update.

The expected number of devices is not showing up on the slave server. It only shows 152 devices whereas the Master server shows 497 devices. There are no pending devices showing on the slave server.

There may be a communication issue between the master and slave. Enable DCR debugging on both under Common Services > Server > Admin > CS Log Configurations. Then, add a new device to the DCR master, and post the dcr.log and dcrclient.log from both servers.

I have attached logs, thanks.

It looks like there is a problem with the cmf database on the slave. I recommend you reinitialize the LMS databases on the slave. This should allow you to resync with the master, but you will lose any information for existing devices. If you want to do this, let me know what apps you have installed on the slave.

Yes, I would like to do this. These are the apps I have installed on the slave:

Common Services

Campus Manager

CiscoView

DFM

IPM

RME

Thanks.

First, stop Daemon Manager, then run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=CMF

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm

Then delete NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM*.rps

Then restart Daemon Manager.

OK, I have followed the procedure and restarted Daemon Manager. On the slave CS homepage I now see 225 devices. Should this match the number on the master(498) instantly or will it take some time? I'll check tomorrow morning and update with any change. Thanks.

It will take time to synchronize all the devices from master to slave. It doesn't happen instantaneously.

still stuck at 225 this morning

Please post the new DCR logs.

Slave log attached.

I see no errors here. According to the log, the slave has successfully synced with the master. Are either of these servers integrated with ACS?

Also, please post NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/dcr.ini.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco