cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunks

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a silly question.. If I have a 3825 with 3 t1 interfaces. two inbound and one two way inbound/outbound. I create a sip trunk from Callmanger 6 to the gateway. How doe sthe gateway know how many outbound t1's I have.. Really with three t1's and only one outbound how does it work?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you have 3 PRIs? Calls will be sent out based on your dial peers. If you do not have outbound dial peers configured for a particular PRI, that PRI will be inbound only.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon, thanks, The underlying reason for the question is Iam getting route list exhausted messages, and the numbers I see in the CM RTNT vs The show voice call act on the gateway do not line up. I should have available channels on the t1 but I dont.

It does get a little more comolcated as this is a IPCCenterprose v7 and cvp version 4 but at the end if the day how callmanager knows how mnay t1's I hav on a sip defined trunk should remain the same.

Thanks again

I don't think CUCM or RTMT know how many channels are available on the other side of a SIP trunk. If it were MGCP, each PRI would be registered individually with CUCM and it could account for each channel, but I don't think it's possible with SIP.

Brandon

Brandon, Thanks.. This is exactly what I thought. Thank You

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: