cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Tool to update device profile Soft Key Template

whatuusay1
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using the BAT tool to update the Soft Key Templates (SKT)as we are excited to use the new DND features of 6.12 however I cant seem to find a way to update our Device Profiles with the BAT utility. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

This guide should help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_1_1/t07udpov.html

HTH, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

This will be a two-stage process, here is how to create the new Softkey Template (using the default Template as your starting point). Anyways here are the 2 methods involved;(1 to change existing non-standard softkey template and 2 to change the softkey template that a group of phones is using - with BAT)

**You can make changes to custom, nonstandard softkey templates that you create**

Updating a Softkey Template

Use this procedure to update a nonstandard softkey template that you created. You can update the template name, description, application soft keys that are supported, and the softkey layout.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Find the softkey template by using the procedure in the "Finding a Softkey Template" section.

Step 2 From the list of matching records, choose the softkey template that you want to update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You can update only softkey templates that display a check box in the left column. All other softkey templates are standard, read-only templates.

The Softkey Template Configuration window displays.

Step 3 Update the settings that you want changed (such as adding an application softkey set or the softkey layout). See the "Adding Application Softkeys to Nonstandard Softkey Templates" section and the "Configuring Softkey Positions in a Nonstandard Softkey Template" section.

Step 4 Click the Update button.

The Softkey Template Configuration window redisplays with the softkey template updated.

Note After making updates to a softkey template, you must restart devices that are using the template.

Step 5 Click the Restart Devices button to apply the updated softkey template.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed6f5.html#wp1024193

Cisco Unified CallManager Bulk Administration Guide, Release 6.0(1)

Updating Phones ******(This is the Readers digest version)

Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Update Phones> Query

Choosing the Update Parameters

After you have defined the query or custom file to search for phones, use this procedure to choose parameters and define values for updating phones.

Procedure

Step 1 In the Update Phones Query window, click Next. The Update Phones shows the type of query that you chose. If you want to change the type of query, click Back.

Step 2 Specify the setting that you want to update for all the records that you have defined in your query or custom file. You can choose multiple parameters to update.

Field Descriptions for Update Phones

Softkey Template

Choose the softkey template to be used for all phones in this group (Query).

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t03updph.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you everyone for your pointers, I've sucessfully updated the phones however I can't seem to search on device profiles though. Is there something special / specific I can search on? I've been reading the BAT guide and it appears that I can get Choose Bulk Administration > User Device Profiles > User Device Profile Template. However no way to update existing profiles (we have several hundred). I've confirmed that the profile soft key template will take presidence over the phones soft key templete so even though I've updated the phones the profiles must have a soft key template with DND enabled as well.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution to your problem?

Hi

I wrote a little utility you can use to push single property changes for a list of devices in to CCM from a CSV. Take a  look here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3036771#3036771

Basically for an input file you would need a line for each device profile like so

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPjohn,softkeyTemplateName,Standard7942

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPbill,softkeyTemplateName,Standard7942

Hope this helps

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

How do we update the device profile line configuration (ASCII Display Internal Caller ID) using your utility, Iam able to update device profile configuration but not device profile line configuration

Thanks in advance.

Can any one help here for above query pls

thanks in advance.

Hi

The AXL query required to update a Display field (which is a property of the line appearance, which is a combination of the device and the DN) is a little more complex than what that little tool was designed to do. It's certainly possible with AXL, it would just need some time spending on it.

You may be able to do what you want by doing an 'Export All UDPs' from BAT, modifying the exported file, and re-importing it. Take care when editing it, often apps like Excel will mess up the format even if you save it back as a CSV.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Thanks for the update.

Can you pls share me the .Jave files for the .class files (Updateoneproperty) which you shared in https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2028939?tstart=0

Let me give a trial if i can achive it. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: