Publisher reboot

Answered Question

If I have all of my CTI RP/CTI port registered with my sub. If I reboot my publisher will I lose agent/application/script functionality during the reboot period?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by bvileen about 8 years 3 weeks ago

Yes you can add them and yes a reboot (or at least a restart of the engine) would be required.

Correct Answer by bobsairam about 8 years 1 month ago

Yes, tou can reboot the PUB

HTH,Pls rate it

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
david.macias Mon, 09/22/2008 - 13:38

Where are all your phones registered? Assuming also with the sub, then you should be fine. However, I would only do this during a maintenance window.

bvileen Sun, 09/28/2008 - 06:51

I would double check that both JTAPI providers/CTI managers are properly programed and running. And if using DC Directory that it is running on the subscriber and that it is programmed in the LDAP information. Then reboot after hours.

bvileen Mon, 09/29/2008 - 06:34

On the CRS server goto System > LDAP Information > LDAP Server hostname... There you can enter the primary and secondary LDAP server hostnames/IP addresses. If you only have the publisher entered there, then when you reboot you could have issues with agents logging in, etc... If that's not a problem, go ahead and reboot. Also this information is only for DC Directory, if you are using an external LDAP (MS AD or other) then you can disregard. You can also take a look at the "Help for this page" in the help menu.

Correct Answer
bvileen Mon, 09/29/2008 - 07:17

Yes you can add them and yes a reboot (or at least a restart of the engine) would be required.

rbua Tue, 09/30/2008 - 05:49

You should have only 2 CTI Manager enabled, since it seems you have 2 subs and one pub it should be disabled on the Pub and started on both sub configured as Primary and Secondary in the IPCCX LDAP info.

This Discussion