cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Publisher reboot

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

If I have all of my CTI RP/CTI port registered with my sub. If I reboot my publisher will I lose agent/application/script functionality during the reboot period?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, tou can reboot the PUB

HTH,Pls rate it

View solution in original post

Yes you can add them and yes a reboot (or at least a restart of the engine) would be required.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Where are all your phones registered? Assuming also with the sub, then you should be fine. However, I would only do this during a maintenance window.

david

Sub. So my ICD agents/script and applications should be fine with the reboot of the pub?

Yes, tou can reboot the PUB

HTH,Pls rate it

Thanks!

I would double check that both JTAPI providers/CTI managers are properly programed and running. And if using DC Directory that it is running on the subscriber and that it is programmed in the LDAP information. Then reboot after hours.

Can you explain to me what you mean by "programmed in the LDAP information" I don't understand.

On the CRS server goto System > LDAP Information > LDAP Server hostname... There you can enter the primary and secondary LDAP server hostnames/IP addresses. If you only have the publisher entered there, then when you reboot you could have issues with agents logging in, etc... If that's not a problem, go ahead and reboot. Also this information is only for DC Directory, if you are using an external LDAP (MS AD or other) then you can disregard. You can also take a look at the "Help for this page" in the help menu.

That would make sense during restarts of the publisher we have issues. Just checked the settings and we only have our pub, so I can add both of my subs as long as I have DC Directory running on those servers? After make this change is a reboot required?

Yes you can add them and yes a reboot (or at least a restart of the engine) would be required.

You should have only 2 CTI Manager enabled, since it seems you have 2 subs and one pub it should be disabled on the Pub and started on both sub configured as Primary and Secondary in the IPCCX LDAP info.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: