cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to load a corporate image to my phones

evanrichards
Level 1
Level 1

I've created the List.xml file and the logo.png file, uploaded them to the tftp server, stopped/re-started tftp, but no luck on the phones. I've found plenty of documentation for how to make it all work, but can't seem to get it to fly. Anyone have any direct experience with this?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

version?

phone model?

notice files names are case sensitive

are you pointing to the right TFTP?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

UCM 6.1

7961 G-GE..most recent firmware

I've uploaded the List.xml and my .png files to all of my TFTP servers.

in which directory are the files???

and what specs do you have the image files?

colors? size?

HTH

java

HTH

java

I placed the files in /

By specs do you mean size? In pixels, it is 133 wide X 34 high.

Black and white

seems you haven't looked at the guides for doing this, neither the folder or images are right

Creating Custom Background Images

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7961g_7961g-ge_7941g_7941g-ge/6_0/english/administration/guide/7961cus.html#wp1030672

List.xml File Format Requirements

The List.xml file defines an XML object that contains a list of background images. The List.xml file is stored in the following subdirectory on the TFTP server:

/Desktops/320x196x4

Please read the docs, all the info is always available at CCO if you look for it or if you look into NetPro as this has been asked several times before

HTH

java

HTH

java

Actually I read that document quite intensely. I hesitate to post here for exactly that reason. It was only after many attempts and failures that I posted. I'm not a Linux guy by any means, much less on the restricted OS that Cisco gives access to on the 6.1 platform. I'm unable to see if that directory even exists in the UCM GUI or the CLI. I created my own List.xml file and placed it in the / directory. I modified the sample List.xml file to look for the backgroud images in the / directory which didn't work. All do no avail.

phones won't look at anything if not configured as per the link

IP Telephony: Custom Backgrounds in UCM 6.0

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=Subscriptions&loc=.2cc1e4da/3&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: