Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 QoS Issues

redesfusionet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling around with QoS configuration on a 3560.

I have configured the following:

class-map match-all VOICE

match access-group name VOICE

policy-map VOICE

class VOICE

set ip dscp ef

ip access-list extended VOICE

permit ip any any log

interface fastEthernet 0/1

service-policy input VOICE

If you see it is a straight forward QoS configuration for match everything. I did this as an example but I created a full class configuration with different networks for matching the signaling, mission critical traffic, etc.

The problem is that when I input a show policy-map int fa0/1 I don't see any counters. I don't see also any matches with the show access-list command.

mls qos is also enable.

Can anyone give me some help here?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

That is because the 35xx implement QoS very differently that a router. It's more

Read the below link on QoS:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk389/tk813/technologies_tech_note09186a00801558cb.shtml

HTH>

Thanks for your response but your link is not applicable. I am configuring a 3560 not a 3550. The 3550 uses WRR for the queuing and 3560 Shaped Round Robing. Also the problems that I am having are regarding marking. I cannot see any hit counts. All the configuration has been made using the Cisco QoS SRND.

Any other ideas?

Good point - well spotted!

if you have read the QoS SRND - surely you also read the MLS QoS Verification Commands???

show mls qos

show mls qos map

show mls qos interface

show mls qos interface policers

show class-map

show policy-map

show policy interface

Which I think are the only real show commands you can use - but I have read a caveat somewhere that reads the show access-list and show policy-map commands do not really work on this platform.

Also once you have configured your Ingress marking and your Queueing, Dropping & Scheduling config....the only command that will show you anything is:-

show platform pm if-numbers

check to see the port value number of the interface you want to see stats about then:-

show platform port-asci stats drop port #

HTH>

Hello Andrew,

Thanks again for the response. Let me build the full configuration again and use your show commands to check hit counts. I will get back to you today. A caveat looks like the issue.

Thanks again,

Juan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card