Views
Helpful
Replies

USING SNMP FOR FETCHING RUNNING CONFIG

prasad.gsmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I dont have access to a router. But I have SNMP read write permission. I am equiped with an SNMP r/w community string. Is it possible to view the running configuration using SNMP polling using any specific MIB? Please help me in this.... Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will have to transfer the configure using a protocol such as TFTP or RCP. You will not be able to see it with SNMP alone.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is possible. See this tech tip on how to fetch and deploy configurations using SNMP and the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094aa6.shtml

Thanks for the reply,

I would prefer to View the config on the SNMP tool console? COz We cant export to TFTP server since there is a firewall in between... any hope? Or i will try to set up a TFTP server

You will have to transfer the configure using a protocol such as TFTP or RCP. You will not be able to see it with SNMP alone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: