cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 Router?

d.hodgson
Level 1
Level 1

folks I was wondering if I could glean some information from your very inteligent minds?

The 2821 router looks like a good fit for our MPLS connections at our sites. However on the home page for this router on Cisco's website it states the router can handle multiple T1's. Bearing in mind that most of our connections are 2mbps or above does it mean this router is not suitable?

We're replacing our 3640's with this router so I suppose we want to also future prrof the router so it can handle upgrades for all the wan speed to go upto 10 mbps, and even possibly 20 mbps. Again would the 2821 suit?

manky thanks

Dave

2 Replies 2

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dave!

C2821 may have multiple T1 interfaces in different controllers. You bundle this T1 interface in multilink and you can achieve bigger bandwith. For example 2 x T1 connection, is 2 x 2 Mbps meaning 4Mbps on a multilink T1 bundled port.

Please tell me if this clarify your problem.

Cheers,

Calin

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 2821 offers about 2x the performance of the 3640 and it should be able to handle up to about 20 Mbps (duplex). Attached is a performance sheet for various Cisco routers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card