Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME 4.3 + 7941G-GE

petersenb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to span the traffic from the phone to the PC port and I cannot find a command in CCME to do this. I know in CUCM it is in the device configuration but i cannot seem to find a similar command in CCME.

Has anyone done this before

Thanks

Bryan

5 Replies 5

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bryan,

Try these commands under telephony service, then reset the phone and see if it works for you:

service phone pcPort 1

service phone spanToPCPort 0

create cnf

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

After doing this i can see that the "SPAN TO PC" option is now set to yes.

When doing a sniffer trace I still do not see the RTP and SKINNY traffic and my PC gets disconnected from the network.

I have done this test using a 7940 and did not need to add any extra commands in the telephony service. Is there anyway to do this and still have network connectivity from my PC?

Thanks

Bryan

Bryan,

Does the PC disconnect happen when attached to any phone that has span enabled?

A setting of 'Yes' should really have the same behavior on the phone, regardless of the phone model. Can you confirm the results of the same test on a 7940 with this version of CME?

Which sniffer software are you using to capture packets? Please check the following:

1. Windows firewall is turned off on the PC.

2. Turn off and disable any anti-virus or security software

3. Turn off and disable Cisco VPN Service if installed

4. Enable packet capture in 'promiscuous mode'

5. Capture packets without capture filter

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

I am using wireshark. The test I did do with the 7940 was on the same version of CCME on the same platform (3845) running the same version of IOS but in my lab.

The same laptop was used as well.

CCME Router: Cisco3845

IOS: c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.XZ.bin

CCME Version: 4.3(0)

The only differnce with the production test and the lab test is the phone model.

1. I have no FW

2. I cannot stop the AV on my laptop. But this did not effect the previous test.

3. VPN Not running

4. It is in 'promiscuous mode'

5. There are no filters.

I will re-test again with a different sniffer

Regards

Bryan

Hi Michael,

Trying with another sniffer does not make a difference. When I apply the commands you gave me and then reset the phone my connection to the network still gets disconnected.

I tried to renew my IP address and this fails.

Is there perhaps another command that allows the PC traffic to tranvers the phone even when it is spanning the phone port?

Thanks

Bryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: