cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restarts to CCM logged?

newmarket25
Level 1
Level 1

I was doing too many things at the same time yesterday and either CCM crashed without warning, or I clicked Restart on a screen that was CCM and I thought was something else.

Would be nice to determine which event it was! Is there anyway? Does CCM log user initiated restarts anywhere? CCM 4.1

3 Replies 3

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Your best place to start is the event viewer in Windows, you should see in there what caused the ccm service to re-start.

After this you can look at the trace logs (c:\program files\cisco\trace\ccm) which contain more detailed logging on ccm operations. This all depends whether tracing is turned on though..

Please rate useful posts...

Event viewer shows nothing of CCM restarting. The entire server rebooted. I am thinking it was either me doing something stupid (that NEVER happens, lol) or the server hit some underlying real bad-ness, and unexpectedly rebooted (Windows servers NEVER do that, lol).

Tracing was not turned on... :-(

Sorry, I didn't realise, thought you meant it was just the service that re-started not the whole server (event viewer logs have probably gone then!)

Yeah, know what you mean, Windows can be cack sometimes!

It's possible you may have some info in the DR Watson log to help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801c5764.shtml

Might be worth turning on detailed tracing for a bit in case it happens again and monitor the server via the performance counters?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: