cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find out which E1 and which channel used under MGCP

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

I wanna to monitor the E1 channel status under MGCP (such as CallingNumber/Called Number/channelID/E1 ID etc), whereas this can't be get from VG, so how to get this information in CCM

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

only way to get that is using traces on the CCM side, since info is back hauled to CCM he's the one receiving the calling, called, etc

RTMT only shows the status of the channels whether they're active or inactive.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks sir.5 points for your kindness.

The user want to monitor the PRI trunk and channel routinely, so if run this trace process permanently, is there any impact to CCM performance?

BTW, I don't know how to configure relatived trace item for this goal, such as Service and other Trace Filter Settings item, pls kindly give me some information. THanks

ok, RTMT is not really meant for 24x7 monitoring, if that's what your looking for SNMP might be better for this purpose

i'm really not familiar with SNMP but if you look for SNMP under NetPro for category Unified Comm & Video you'll find information on that, i've seen many posts in the past with such information

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks. 4 points for this.

I tried to use syslog server to catch some trace, but seems syslog can only catch TRACE information.Maybe i have to use SNMP to get it.

Sir, would u pls share me how to config Trace item to get PRI/Channel/Calling number/Called Number, i have setup the parameters for CallManager Service/SDI, but i can't find out the information for PRI/Channel-ID/CallingNumber/CalledNumber through RTMT.

Pls kindly give me a hand

you'll need to select the GW parameters under trace config, be aware that you'll need to manually review the traces as there is no program to do that. that's why i suggest going SNMP instead

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: