Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Licensing

In CER 2.0 if a system discovers more phones than it's licensed for what will be the effect? We have a client that has added about 1000 more phones than they're currently licensed for. We're awaiting the additional CER licenses, but want to make sure they don't lose functionality in the interim.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Q: Unlocated phones still take away from the license count,

right?

A:Yes, all phones registered to CUCM will be discovered by CER and will need license in CER 2.0

Q: Is there a way to exclude phones from the licenses since the CER server is only controlling phones for certain sites?

A: No. there is no way to exclude them from CER

HTH

//G

I appreciate your reply, but my question is "what happens when you exceed the license count?"

What is the affect? Will it stop working? Will it just display warnings, but continue to process calls?

Does anyone have any more information on this subject? I have a customer with 4200 licenses, but the license manager on CER is complaining because it is tracking 4450 phones. The customer is asking me what the effects of this are. Did anyone ever find out this answer?

Thanks.

CER licensed on number of phones.

CER use SNMP to discover phones.

When the number of discovered phones reaches the license limit, additional phones will be put into 'Unallocated' category.

Hope this helps!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: