cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat OS-TACACS plus

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I have NEW switch using CatOS, CiscowWoks reported they are using Tacacs plus, not just Tacacs as IOS.I didn't know what the difference between the plus and the regular one. my main problem is I have a perl script collecting from all my Cisco Devices. unfortunately the script failed to access those switches running CatOS. I got error TACACS login failure.I am using a vlid credential and work on all other thousands of devices.any body have ever experiences the same problem? thank you in advance!!!

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All modern Cisco devices use TACACS+. If you can manually login to the switch using the same credentials the script is using, then perhaps the script doesn't know how to deal with the CatOS prompts. It would be helpful to see your script.

thank you so much J. you are right my conclusion is the script doesn't know how to prompt for TACACS login. do you have any suggestion, where I can find more information about CATOS login prompt. other forum here in Cisco like that.

The default prompts for CatOS are:

"Username: "

"Password: "

Note the space after the trailing colon.

thank you so very much!! this is out of a subject from this forum!!! you really save me uncounted time!!!it's answered my question.